New, Improved Robot Cat! Have Fun & Learn Coding with This Highly Programmable STEM and Robotics Kit
Meet Nybble, the palm-sized open-source bionic robot cat. Have fun watching it play tricks like a real animal, moving with 4 legs rather than wheels. Four-legged robot motion gives it more freedom to navigate unstructured terrains and express the joy of life whenever it moves. Evolving with an open-source gene, Nybble is an quadruped robot platform to fuse multiple makers' gadgets into one organic system. With a customized Arduino board coordinating all instinctive and sophisticated movements, you can plug in various sensors to bring in perception. You could also inject artificial intelligence capabilities by mounting a Raspberry Pi or other AI chips through wired/wireless connections. Have fun while improving your programming skills!
Successfully funded on Indiegogo with more than 4000 units sold worldwide!Software Level
- Real cat-like behaviors. Control with programmable behaviors & new tricks
- STEM & robotics kit. Learn coding, customize, & program your own pet to make it come to life with amazing and cute tricks. Develop innovative & advanced four-legged walking robot gaits, locomotion, and kinematics behaviors for applications and research
- Highly programmable. Arduino C++, Python coding that allows exporting and importing new skills
- Wireless control. Use the Petoi mobile/desktop apps to configure and remote control via Bluetooth connection
- Highly extensible. Works with Raspberry Pi & Arduino ecosystem
- Built on OpenCat. Open-source project for a quadruped robot
- Legged motion. More freedom to navigate unstructured terrains
- Specially tuned consumer-level servos as the joints. Simplify the control system & reduce the cost
- Spring-loaded joints. Reduce shock on the gears of the servos
- 5-component system. Body frame, actuator, electronics, battery & software
- Sweet point of power/weight factor. Achieve impressive agility (max speed at 5 body lengths/second)
Nybble V2: What's New?
- Rechargeable 7.4V 1000mAh Li-Ion battery. Provides 70 minutes of playing time
- New remote. With graphical button design for more intuitive control
- 3D printed upper leg pieces
- New servos. The new servos are differentiated by their cable length. Shorter cables are used for the neck, tail, and four shoulder joints. Longer cables are used for head tilting and the four knee joints
- Unified Screws Screw B and D are both replaced by C (flat tip)
- Overall improved software integration and UI
Nybble is suitable for adults and children over the age of 14 to learn STEM related topics. Kids can enjoy playing with Nybble under the supervision of an adult.
On average, it takes four hours to assemble Nybble's frame. No soldering is required for the basic functionalities of Nybble. There are several moments when you need to be extremely careful to plug in the cords in the right order and direction.
Experience with coding is required. You will need to use Arduino IDE or Petoi Desktop app to upload firmware and configure Nybble.
- Color: natural wood brown
- Dimensions: 10" x 4.2" x 5.5"
- Weight: 11.2oz
- Programmable robot built on OpenCat software
- Raspberry Pi (not included)
- 3D wooden puzzle frames that can be assembled in 100 minutes.
- RGB LED
- High-speed and agile motion
- 30+ built-in skills and programmable motions
- Palm-sized and lightweight
- Plywood body parts
- 11x DS031 servos
- 1x NyBoard V1
- 1x USB programmer
- 1x Bluetooth dongle
- 1x WiFi dongle
- 1x Infrared remote
- 1x 7.4V 1000mAh Li-ion battery
- 1x MicroUSB Cable
- Ships to Contiguous US
- Expected Delivery: Oct 6 - Oct 13
- Returns accepted within 30 days of shipment for orders within the Contiguous US.